Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Do You Want Fries With That?

ARGH!!!! I hate homework! Especially when it's not mine. My son came home today, with math and English homework. Today was the official first day of school. I can handle the English. I tutored Senior English when I was a sophomore in high school, so basically, no problem on that side. But math. BLAH!

The rule in this house is that the homework gets done, before we even think about football practice. I told his coach "too bad." He said, he totally understood, homework comes first, blah, blah, blah. But I knew the whole time, that he was using what was left of his mental abilities to not roll his eyes. Whatever. My kid was late to practice today.

Have you ever tried really hard to remember crap you learned in eighth grade? I did that tonight. I now have a headache. I called my best friend, who always did my math homework, while I did her English stuff, (don't tell my kid) to see if she could help us out. I figured it was too hard to explain over the phone. HA! *The bitch was doing it in her head!

I will never understand how some people can do this stuff. But then again I know that she has no idea what a 'collocation' is, (putting words in conjuction with each other i.e; 'train depot'). But I have to ask her to remind me what a denominator is. Anyway...I guess we all suck in different ways.

My head hurts, my kid's head probably hurts, and he is finally at football practice. My life is nuts, just plain nuts. But above all else, I have to agree with my son; homework bites.

*Bitch was meant in a good way,

No comments:

Post a Comment