Friday, December 30, 2005

Get Your Own Ark, This One's Ours!

It's that certain time of year again; that special time of year when the folks in Oregon start pulling out those blueprints for their very own personal ark. Ugh.

After looking up some facts on the 'net, some things kind of surprised me. I mean, I know that it can get pretty wet in the Willamette Valley, but jeesh.
  • The average rainfall for my town is approximately 49 inches a year. Is that a lot, I wondered? So...
  • My husband thought that his home town in Indiana got way more rain then we do here, but according to what I found out they only get about 39 inches a year.
  • Oh and here is the last stat I'll bore you with before getting on with my monologue: Seattle is always being stated as being the rainiest place in the Pacific Northwest, yet they only get an average of 37.2 inches per year.

It's pretty sad when that's all I have to get excited about. We beat Seattle, we beat Seattle.

Did I mention that my roof leaks, too? Yep. One giant drip right in front of the toilet. When I go I have to sit a little sideways on the pot, otherwise I get a ice cold drip right on the top of my right thigh. Gosh, I love renting. (sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm)

I just know that it will be my luck that the ceiling will come crashing down on me in a tangled, wet mess of whatever is up there, while I'm doing my thing one morning. I bet that would make the local papers.

But until then, I will go back to gathering the materials for my ark. Then I gotta get some security, because I know that once my neighbors see the awesome ark we built, they are all gonna want a ticket to board.

No comments:

Post a Comment