Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Roses Are Red, Yada, Yada, Yada

I love spring. Yesterday I spent about two and a half hours weeding. Of course any good gardener knows that the best way to get the weeds is on your hands and knees. But there is something new I learned afterwards.

After I finished weeding I went and hopped into the shower and changed. I threw some shorts on. No big deal, right? Wrong. I couldn't figure out why a couple of people looked at me funny while I was cruising through the grocery store. It wasn't until this old fart, down right smirked at me while I was checking out the eggs. By then I was getting a little annoyed.

I guess I finally snapped. I looked him square in the eye, and asked, "What!?"
He just chuckled and pointed at my knees. I looked down with an inward groan and a mental head slap. I now understood why people were looking at me funny. They were all perverts.

Apparently, from what I could see, my knees looked like I had a bad case of rug burn, or something equivalent on them. And it also became apparent what these dirty minded people thought I must of been doing to get such red knees. Jeez.

There was nothing else I could do but endure the rest of my shopping trip, and the stares. This "garden hoe" has nothing if not pride. Plus, I wasn't done shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment