Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I shall overcome...with the help of chocolate.

OK, so I had a really crappy day, but no one wants to hear my sad, long and pathetic story so I will skip it. But I will say one thing. OK, maybe one thing said in a few different ways.

  1. What goes around, comes around.
  2. Everyone gets what they deserve. Eventually. When you aren't expecting it. Possibly with flaming arrows and lava.
  3. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap St Paul, Galatians 6-7
  4. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you Matthew 7-120
  5. I know people. Some mildly crazy.

So, that said and done, I hope everyone else had a great day. Mine started getting better after I got off work. My hubby called me just as I was getting off work and met me at the nearby watering hole for a beverage. I ranted and raved about my day. He attentively listened. Or at least he's getting better at faking it. I frankly don't care. At least not today. As long as I feel better, at that time that's what I needed.

So I was dreading going grocery shopping tonight, but...what's this? He found my list? And went shopping!?! Wow. My night just keeps getting better and better. Then I get home and what do I find? A box addressed to me from Harry & David's. I was praying for an entire cheesecake, but I got even better. An entire box of assorted chocolates and various chocolate covered fruit or something. I don't care, it could be chocolate covered socks at this point. Yummo!

Chocolate. Chocolate. Mmmmm......and it was sent to me for Mother's Day so I can eat the whole darn thing by myself without guilt. Well, mostly. Ingrid, Sandy I love you. Thank you, thank you! May the god's of richness, gorgeous mute men with money to lavish on you, and chocolate chip pancakes, smile on you! See above rules. ;-) Goes both ways, didn't you know?

Oh and thank you Sonja for my various and at odd times random phone calls, whenever I could spare a minute to bitch about my day. I might save you a chocolate covered something.

*Perseverance, a virtue, implies persistence, endurance, hardiness, fortitude, stamina, robustness and tolerance. It is constant persistence in a course of action, purpose, or state, steadfast pursuit of an aim, tenacious assiduity or endeavor, continuance in a state of grace leading finally to a state of glory. Your Ascension work must equal the Power moving through you, and you must back it with persistence, perseverance and a continuous soul-need to move higher, reach higher, understand more, comprehend more. All obstacles become a challenge for the initiate to practice steadfastness and perseverance. Persevere in standing under the Light, which will shine on your path to the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment