Friday, June 20, 2008

I Love My Job...




Me: “Ma’am, you forgot the rest of your change.”

Tourist: “Oh! I guess I did, unless you were paying me in pesos.”

Me: “Excuse me?” (WTF? We are a little far north of the border? Hello?!?)

Tourist: “Pesos. The money in Mexico.”

Me: “I know what a peso is, ma’am, but I’m not Mexican.”

Tourist: “Puerto Rican?”

Me: “Not even close.”

Tourist: “Cuban?”

Me: “No.”

Tourist: “What are you, then?”

Me: “I’m Native American, German and Irish."

Tourist: “So am I.” (Uhhhhh.....okay......)

Me: “No, Native like the people here before white people.”

Tourist: “What do you mean?”

Me: “You don’t know about Natives? Indians?”

Tourist: “Oh, you mean the people John Wayne killed off.”

Me: “Just take your change.” Like I said "oh My Gawd!


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Oh My Gawd! You have to be kidding. Well....that's Eugene.
    IO

    ReplyDelete