Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Bit Cocky, Ya Think?

I try not to get too political on but sometimes I can't help myself. My brain just stops being in la la land and actually starts thinking about crap that matters. Gasp! Yes, it's true. It can happen.

When Operation Shock & Awe began over in Iraq, George W. Bush was cocky. He couldn't start that war fast enough. When that statue of Saddam fell down in Baghdad, he was probably dancing around the Oval Office singing, "Four more years! Four more years!" He wasn't scared of crap. He landed a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier. He kissed Africans with AIDS. He didn't give a damn! "Bring those AIDS lips over here. Here's some money; go cure that crap."
He let the real cowboy come out, wearing a ten gallon hat, spurs, and six-shooters up in the United Nations, just acting like a fool, guns a-blazin', "I don't need no stinkin' votes!"

He's bombing everything. He was just waiting for North Korea to do something. He was just waiting to get in their face. He was just begging for it, like, "Please, please screw up. I need another distraction from the economy." Its like me when I'm in a bad mood, standing in line for some reason or another, just waiting for someone to cut in front of me. "Aw...please do it, I wish you would."

Well, I guess now he's getting his wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment