Saturday, February 10, 2007

What's that smell?

Ah...the question could be a good thing or a bad thing when house shopping.

When you are ready to buy a house, why is it that we seem to think that Somewhere out there, our Dream House awaits?

My husband and I are finally ready to buy a house. I should say that I was personally ready about five years ago, but that is how it took me to convince him that we were ready.

Often, when you go to look at a potential home, there are people living there. It's still their home. And I love walking into a place that already has Food Smells going. Those soupy, cakey, meaty smells. I don't even want the food, I just want the smell. It's just so homey.

It makes me think of my friend Sonja. She's starting to get interested in cooking, but until then she could use the invention of something I just thought of. They should make a spray for people who don't cook. An aerosol can that, for five bucks, makes the whole place smell like pot roast. Or you could have a fumigator guy come in every three months.

Doorbell rings. "Who is it?"

"Pot roast man!" And he sprays around the house.

"You want me to spray the bathroom?"

"No, that's okay."

"How about under the sink?"

"Okay, maybe just coffee and cake."

Genius
.

No comments:

Post a Comment