Friday, September 03, 2010

It's the Vegan Challenge

All right here I go.  I've been vegetarian for some time now, and have been thinking about going whole hog so to speak.  VEGAN.  To some, its a dirty word.  I wasn't sure how to go about it, so I asked the only vegan I knew, "Superfantabulous", to be a sort of sponsor.  You know, like in AA.  She agreed.  I originally met her while working at a grocery store and we got to talking about how to be a "Skinny Bitch".  She apparently was one, so I pretty much knew I had an expert in my corner.

Well, the concept of Skinny Bitch is to go vegan, I just couldn't do it at the time. Or maybe I just couldn't give up cheese. But after a few years of vegetarianism under my belt, I think I am ready.  And fortunately for me it is the time of year to start the "21 Day Kickstart Challenge" 

This "diet" is based on research by Neal Barnard, M.D., one of America’s leading health advocates. This program is designed for anyone who wants to explore and experience the health benefits of a vegan diet.

I start Monday.  If you cross my path with a plate full of good, stinky goat cheese I may have to beat you with it. Sorry in advance.

1 comment:

  1. The hubby wants to take over the world but he wants to keep bacon. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete