Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Day 3 of my Vegan Challenge

First of all, I found this video this morning and I wanted to share.  Some might call it propaganda, but I just think it's funny; and it's written by the dude that does the cartoon, Bizarro.



It's funny, but I thought I would be hungrier.  I think that it helped a lot that I already don't eat meat.  And the egg part is not that hard because I started straying from those oval-shaped orbs when we got the chickens.  I felt like I would be eating Lady Gaga's (one of my chickens, not the actual Lady Gaga) babies. The warm, fresh out of her cooch feeling was not exactly appetizing for me either.  Not eating cheese might get more difficult if my husband buys some of my used-to-be-my-favorite-but-now-I'm-vegan stinky cheese.

Anyway, yesterday I made a huge pot of vegan black bean chili and I'm going to have some for lunch this afternoon.  Dinner is still up in the air though.  I wish I had a husband like Mr. Awesomecool.   He is Superfantabulous's husband and does all the cooking.  I hear he is an awesome chef and he is also vegan so there wouldn't be any arguments on what he is cooking.  But then again, since my hubby works a weird mid shift almost every day, I would probably starve since he wouldn't be here to cook for me.  Well shit, I guess I can't have it both ways.

I am off to the grocery store this morning to read labels and eventually buy something to sustain myself.  I already went through my cupboards and was appalled at how many things have milk or a milk product in them.  Shit that has no business having milk in it like canned chili.  Who puts milk in there chili for fuck's sake? That is what got me making my own yesterday.

Day 3 weight: 170 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment